Separating Twin-Twenty Container Spreader
The EARLS telescopic ship to shore container crane spreader has become renowned at many ports around the world as one of the best pieces of equipment available. EARLS Spreaders are built to order in a single facility and our product quality, support, and service are second to none. When you buy an EARLS spreader, in addition to getting a great product you’re creating a lasting relationship.
- Our spreaders are driven by hydraulic extension cylinders that are designed, engineered, and manufactured in house.
- EARLS spreaders are not chain driven.
Twistlock Pins & Nuts
- EARLS spreaders are equipped with fabricated Twistlock Pins & Nuts that we manufacture in house.
- We do not use forged Twistlock Pins.
- EARLS invented the Floating Twin-20.
- EARLS holds a patent for this design (US Patent awarded in 1994.)
- HS-15 Rotary Actuators.
Low Total Life Cost
- High Reliability (fewer breakdowns)
- Top Performance (faster cycle times)
- Extend (20’ to 40’): 23 seconds
- Retract (40’ to 20’): 25 seconds
- Extend (40’ to 45’): <10 seconds
- Retract (40’ to 45’): <10 seconds
- Flippers Up (2 from 0° to 180°): 4 seconds
- Flippers Down (2 from 180° to 0°): 4 seconds
- Flippers Up (4 from 0° to 180°): 4.5 seconds
- Flippers Down (4 from 180° to 0°): 4.5 seconds
- Twistlock Pins (90° either way): ~1.5 seconds
Separating Twin-Twenty Models:
- Model #881 Maher Terminals, NY/NJ
- Model #861 APM (Maersk-Sealand-Tacoma)
- Model #898 Port of Seattle
- Model #893 Philadelphia Regional Port Authority
- Model #894 DPW Caucedo, Dominican Republic
- Model #883 Port of Houston Authority, Texas
- Model #884 Global Terminals, NY/NJ
- 50 LT +/- 10% (single pick)
- 65 LT +/- 10% (twin pick)
- 25,500 lbs to 33,500 lbs
- 300,000 to 2,000,000 cycles
to AISC Specs.
- ASTM A514 & ASTM A572-50
- 3 Coat System (Devoe)
- Inorganic Zinc Primer
- Epoxy Intermediate Coat
- Aliphatic Polyurethane Top Coat