Floating Twin-Twenty Container Spreader
The EARLS telescopic ship to shore container crane spreader has become renowned at many ports around the world as one of the best pieces of equipment available. EARLS Spreaders are built to order in a single facility and our product quality, support, and service are second to none. When you buy an EARLS spreader, in addition to getting a great product you’re creating a lasting relationship.
- Our spreaders are driven by hydraulic extension cylinders that are designed, engineered, and manufactured in house.
- EARLS spreaders are not chain driven.
Twistlock Pins & Nuts
- EARLS spreaders are equipped with fabricated Twistlock Pins & Nuts that we manufacture in house.
- We do not use forged Twistlock Pins.
- EARLS invented the Floating Twin-20.
- EARLS holds a patent for this design (US Patent awarded in 1994.)
- HS-15 Rotary Actuators.
Low Total Life Cost
- High Reliability (fewer breakdowns)
- Top Performance (faster cycle times)
- Extend (20’ to 40’): 23 seconds
- Retract (40’ to 20’): 25 seconds
- Extend (40’ to 45’): 8 seconds
- Retract (40’ to 45’): 8 seconds
- Flippers Up (2 from 0° to 180°): 4 seconds
- Flippers Down (2 from 180° to 0°): 4 seconds
- Flippers Up (4 from 0° to 180°): 4.5 seconds
- Flippers Down (4 from 180° to 0°): 4.5 seconds
- Twistlock Pins (90° either way): ~1 seconds
Separating Twin-Twenty Models:
- Model #888 TSI Vanterm, Vancouver, BC
- Model #891 Port of Tacoma, Tacoma, WA
- Model #817 Port of San Francisco, CA
- Model #889 Port of Portland, OR
- Model #871 Port of Trinidad & Tobago
- Model #888 TSI Deltaport, BC
- Model #882 Fraser Surrey Docks, BC
- Model #880 Ports America, Tampa, FL
- 50 LT +/- 10% (single pick)
- 65 LT +/- 10% (twin pick)
- 24,500 lbs
- 1,200,000 cycles to AISC Specs.
- ASTM A514 & ASTM A572-50
- 3 Coat System (Devoe)
- Inorganic Zinc Primer
- Epoxy Intermediate Coat
- Aliphatic Polyurethane Top Coat